Event Staffing Guidelines
We request a lead time of at least 1 month prior to your event.
Events sponsored by lvmpd will take priority over all others.
General information needed for event request
- • Date and time of event
- • Address of event
– Parking instructions
– If the venue charges for parking, Explorers’ fees must be waived or reimbursed.
- • Details about the event
– Event or organization website or social media page
Specific Information needed for event request
- • How many Explorers are you requesting?
– Explorers generally operate in pairs.
- • What would you like Explorers to do at your event?
- • Is special attire needed?
- • Is specific equipment needed? (safety vest, gloves, etc.)
- • Will you be providing water, snacks, or food for our Explorers?
- • Do you have liability insurance for your event which covers volunteers?
- • If a permit is required, have you obtained one?
- • Are funds available to provide a one-time or recurring donation to our program?
Some things Explorers can do at events
- • Recruit new members to our program
- • Interact with and educate the community
- • Staff a booth to provide information about the LVMPD
- • Act as role players in training scenarios for first responders or other government or private groups
- • Assist with community clean-up projects
- • Check in event attendees
- • Act as event ambassadors providing information to attendees
- • Direct light vehicle traffic in parking lots
- • Direct pedestrian traffic
Some things Explorers will not do at events
- • Explorers are not law enforcement officers and will not take any law enforcement action
- • Explorers will not serve as crowd control or conduct bag or weapons checks at check points
- • Explorers will not be used as event security
- • Explorers will not supervise activities which are considered to be high risk of injury (bounce houses, rock walls, etc.)
- • Explorers will not be used to control traffic in major roadways or major traffic flow areas
- • Explorers will not serve food or beverages
- • Explorers are under 21 and will not be in direct contact with alcohol.
- • If an Explorer is not EVOC certified, they will not operate a LVMPD vehicle.